In the next few weeks, I will blog about my adventures and misadventures as a candidate in the 2007 midterm elections. Let me start by answering the following survey:
1. First public speech as a candidate: February 13, Liwasang Bonifacio
2. Last public speech as a candidate: May 12, Barangay Immaculate Concepcion, Quezon City
3. Best speech delivered: April 30, Masbate City (I was encouraged by a very supportive crowd)
4. Most forgettable speech delivered: March 10, QC Polytechnic University along Quirino highway (I thought I would deliver two speeches. I gave a very lousy talk).
5. Most hilarious speech mistakes: ‘Palayain si Ken Ramos’ (It should have been Ken Ambay), ‘Bumoto sa darating na Hulyo’ – Araneta Avenue, Tatalon.
6. Favorite soundbytes: ‘Ako na po ang pinakamatanda sa aming partylist’, ‘Ang katandaan ay pwede rin po para sa kabataan’.
7. Longest speech: February 24, Iloilo City (Panay regional convention)
8. Most enthusiastic crowd: Mendez St. in Barangay Baesa, QC
9. Most memorable campaign sortie: Eastern Visayas road trip (from Metro Tacloban to Catarman, Northern Samar)
10. Best accommodation: Vigan Plaza Hotel, Ilocos Sur and Calabria seminary house in Calbayog (very hospitable priests).
11. Best food: Tacloban, Leyte (oh the seafood, the seafood)
12. Longest campaign sortie: Southern Tagalog road trip (from San Pablo, Laguna to Antipolo, Rizal) and Ilocos sortie (from Naguilian, La Union to Laoag, Ilocos Norte)
13. Longest campaign day: April 26, Quezon province sortie. I woke up at 3:30am, arrived in Tiaong at 7am, motorcade to Pagbilao until 5pm, concert in Lucena until 9pm. I arrived home at 2am the following day.
14. Most amazing place visited: Manapla, Negros Occidental (I spent a quiet Monday morning in the seashore. I was alone in the beach enjoying the clear waters and fresh air)
15. Most abominable election proposal: Manila politician offering to distribute Kabataan Partylist ID cards with scholarship grants to a computer school. It was an offer we refused.
16. Memorable motorcades: San Juan, Ilocos Sur and District 1, Quezon City.
17. Memorable palengke tours: Laoag public market and Davao City’s Agdao and Bangkerohan markets.
18. Best concert attended: February 14, Legaspi City, Albay. (I also participated in a very memorable torch parade since we continued with our march even if it was raining hard).
19. Best school forum attended: March 15, Manila Doctors’ College along Diosdado Macapagal Boulevard and March 28, College of St. Benilde along Taft Ave.
20. Memorable youth assemblies: April 15, CEG national convention in Dumaguete City and April 29, NUS-Mindanao convention in Initiao, Misamis Oriental
21. Memorable barangay assembly: March16, Caloocan City, Ms. Gaywatch contest
22. Most enjoyable election media gimmick: April 8, egg hunting with Danton Remoto in District 3, Quezon City
23. Favorite pasalubong: Pingping’s tinapa in Samar and Pastel from Cagayan de Oro
24. Confession: I watched 300 at Robinson’s Mall while campaigning in San Fernando, Pampanga (March 14)
Related entry: Tibak sarbey